Explore the possibilities with Voltera's knowledge base and blog.
Nordson EFD: High Performance, Low Cost Nozzles
Jacob Milovancev | Nov 23, 2023 | Company updates
Estimated reading time: 3 minute
Nordson EFD nozzles launched
Voltera is excited to announce that we’ve added Nordson EFD straight barrel nozzles to our online store in four different sizes: 100, 150, 200, 250 μm. These disposable stainless steel nozzles can improve dispensing with lower viscosity fluids and inks on V-One and NOVA, but are not recommended for use with solder paste.
Not sure which nozzle you need? Your application and material will dictate which is right for you. For help choosing the correct nozzle, see How to choose a nozzle below.
Benefits of Nordson EFD nozzles
Nozzles (or dispensing tips) direct the flow of material as it exits the cartridge onto your substrate. They are a critical component of the dispensing system and control many aspects of the quality of your output. The Nordson EFD nozzles new to our store offer a wide range of benefits:
- Versatile fluid handling: These nozzles are designed to handle a wide range of assembly fluids.
- Precise and consistent depositing: Their burr-free passivated stainless steel tubing allows for precise and consistent fluid depositing, making these nozzles suitable for lower viscosity materials.
- Leak-proof design: Their polypropylene SafetyLok™ hubs prevent leakage and ensure drip-free dispensing.
- Cost-efficiency: At a more economical price point than Subrex nozzles, these will reduce consumable costs while still achieving high quality dispensing.
While we now offer these Nordson EFD nozzles in our store, you can still find other nozzles there as well, including Voltera disposable and Subrex metal nozzles.
Voltera disposable nozzles
Disposable nozzles serve a cost effective purpose — minimizing ink volume and maximizing flow. They can also be a suitable option if you find your metal Subrex nozzles are clogging or breaking frequently.
Subrex precision nozzles
These precision nozzles provide excellent resolution and more accurate dispensing of ink and solder paste but are more expensive and fragile than other nozzles. The enhanced performance comes from a tapered design and a thinner wall to improve flow performance with high viscosity materials and reduce spread at the target location.
How to choose a nozzle
This table gives you a brief overview of the types of nozzles we carry as well as their printer and fluid compatibility:
* Please note: Nozzles can be used with materials and printers not currently stocked in the Voltera online store.
Still not sure which nozzle you need? We’ve put together documentation that will help you choose the right nozzle for your project.
If you have questions about material or nozzle compatibility, we can help! Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.